Body piercings have been a part of nearly every culture. Though thousands of years ago, it was used for cultural, religious and aesthetic reasons, millennials are incorporating it as a fashion statement these days. It involves puncturing a part of body to create an opening where the jewelry can be worn. The jewel can be changed on a daily basis.
Are you considering body piercing?
There are a number of types of piercings out of which some have a quick healing time and some suit better for certain body types. Discuss your options with a professional piercer. Almost Famous Piercing Shop is one of the best piercing studios in the US because of their safe and hygienic practices. Check out their portfolio online for more ideas. Drop by their shop.
Common body piercings:
- Ear piercing: Those who are worried about pain can try Daith, Helix or Tragus piercing which goes through the inner most cartilage, upper rim and cartilage on the outside of ear canal respectively. Others are rook piercing done on the folded part of the upper ear, snug done in the middle of ear’s outer rim and industrial piercing on the cartilage.
- Oral and facial piercing: There are nose piercings, eyebrow piercings, cheek/ dimple piercings and lip piercings. Bridge piercing is on the bridge. Cheek piercings are ideal for highlighting dimples or creating dimples. Eyebrow piercings are done both horizontally and vertically. There are 14 different options for lip piercings.
- Surface and dermal/ microdermal piercing: You have a choice between chest, corset, neck and nape piercings. Dermal/ Microdermal piercings refer to a piercing that is done on any flat surface of the body that is held in place by installing a dermal anchor underneath the skin.
- Navel piercing: Also know as belly button piercing, the jewel is placed just above the belly button. It goes through the skin crease and the procedure is quick and easy making it fairly painless.
- Genital piercing: Done for both men and women, it involves piercing a part of genitalia. Some of the options for women include clitoral, nipple and labia and some of the options for men include anal, nipple and scrotal. They are done for aesthetic reasons and extra stimulation.
Not all piercings are for everyone. There are some limitations based on a person’s age and anatomy. Ask your piercer for piercing type and jewel recommendations.